Plainwell Dog Park
Our Patronicity/Crowdfunding Campaign through Michigan Economic Development Corporation was successful. Thank you to everyone who contributed.
Dog Park Opened July 2018
Park is located in Thurl Cook Park off the east end of Oak Street.
The City of Plainwell designated approximately 28,000 square feet of space in Cook Park for residents to enjoy with their dogs. This includes five acres of land with walking paths, a pavilion, restrooms, and a 100-foot lighted sledding hill. The area is slightly secluded, which makes this the perfect selection for the dog park. The park includes:
- Separate areas for small dogs / large dogs encompassed by vinyl-coated chain-link fencing with separate gates
- Double gate at the entrance to avoid any accidental releases
- Park benches (4) placed throughout the park, transforming the space into a community gathering place
- Convenient watering and waste stations
- Concrete-and-brick entrance into the park
- Six pieces of agility equipment, three in each area
You can still donate and/or purchase a brick.
Sponsorship/Donation & Brick order forms