Chef Container is contracted by the City to offer a spring (May) and fall (October) curbside bulk trash pick up. Watch the Union Enterprise and Shoppers Guide for dates. For specific questions, call Chef Container at 616-494-0561.
Chef Container, LLC Curbside Cleanup Rules
Curbside cleanup is scheduled to start on Monday, May 20, 2019 and October 21, 2019 Residents are asked to place items out for pick up at curbside after 3:00pm Friday and by dawn on Monday morning. Our drivers will be out starting at 6:00am. CHEF CONTAINER will not return to a section once they have completed the route; Streets are done only ONE time. Please have your items out before 6:00am Monday to ensure pickup.
Loose household items must be placed curbside in bags (not recyclable cardboard boxes). If you have additional concerns or questions, please call our office at 616-494-0561.
The following acceptable items may be placed curbside for pickup
- Household furniture: Sofas, chairs, tables, dressers, box spring/mattresses (wrapped and sealed in plastic) Note: Metal furniture is recycled at the recycling center
- Carpets: Limited to one room or 10 rolls (3 X 5) or 50 pounds in weight per clean up collection
- Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators (Freon removed, and unit also marked that Freon has been removed)
- Interior doors: Maximum 2
- Vinyl/metal window frames: Maximum 2 (no glass)
The following items may NOT be placed curbside
- All building/construction materials: Wooden fences, plywood, paneling, studs, retaining walls, boards, doors, sliding doors windows, concrete, bricks, mortar, cabinets, bathtubs, counter tops, roofing materials, etc.
- Latex paint
- Auto Parts/Tires, used motor oil, mufflers, engines, etc.
- All recyclables
- All metals (e.g. lawn mowers must be empty of oil and gasoline, bikes)
- Lawn waste: Leaves, branches, grass clippings, etc.
- Computers/televisions (over 75 lbs)
- Hazardous materials: Chemicals, pesticides, etc.
- Items of exceptional size/weight; Items weighing over 100 pounds or longer than five feet; includes boats, hot tubs, pianos, etc.
- Household trash
Arrangements for more frequent pick-up can be made directly with your own disposal company. Also available are drop off sites at the Miller Road Transfer Station, 269-388-3346 or 100th Street Landfill, 616-877-4192.