Republic Services is contracted by the City to offer a spring (May) and fall (October) curbside bulk trash pick up. Watch the Union Enterprise and Shoppers Guide for dates. For specific questions, call Republic Services at 888-249-5112.
Residents are asked to place items out for pick up at curbside after 3:00pm Friday and by dawn on Monday morning. Our drivers will be out starting at 6:00am. Republic Services will not return to a section once they have completed the route; Streets are done only ONE time. Please have your items out before 6:00am Monday to ensure pickup.
Loose household items must be placed curbside in bags (not recyclable cardboard boxes). If you have additional concerns or questions, please call our office at .
The following acceptable items may be placed curbside for pickup
- Household furniture: Sofas, chairs, tables, dressers, box spring/mattresses (wrapped and sealed in plastic) Note: Metal furniture is recycled at the recycling center
- Carpets: Limited to one room or 10 rolls (3 X 5) or 50 pounds in weight per clean up collection
- Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators (door removed and freon removed, and unit also marked that Freon has been removed)
- Home fixtures and other items that are not considered hazzardous
- Latex paint - paint must be dried in containers (use sawdust or kitty litter)
- Small amount of building materials such as doors (limit 2), and fencing - material needs to be cut down to fit into the truck and be lifted by 1 person.
- Small car parts
- Manageable bundles, bags, boxes, and containers. Contractors are not allowed to unload vehicles or trailers.
The following items may NOT be placed curbside
- Windows or glass
- Large plastic drums
- Large pieces of metal
- Yard Waste
- Liquid waste or hazardous waste
- Tires (may be acceptable if cut up into flat pieces) and tires on rims
- Non-latex paints and varnishes
- Regulated medical waste
- Motor oil, batteries and solvents
- Large car parts such as engine blocks,bodies, oversized hoods and doors.
- Building demolition material - while certain amounts of construction debris is acceptable, large cloumes such as garages or house demolition debris that would normally require a construction style dumpster cannot be taken.
Arrangements for more frequent pick-up can be made directly with your own disposal company. Also available are drop off sites at the 3432 Gembrit Circle Transfer Station, 269-216-8000 or 100th Street Landfill, Byron Center 616-877-4092.