Vacation Services


Is there anything I should do if I intend to be absent from my home longer than two weeks?

If you are taking an extended vacation, the city offers two services to help protect your home in your absence.

  • Security Check triggers officers to watch your house while driving by on patrol and to sometimes walk around to check closer. If we think there might be a problem at the house, we’ll call your listed contact person. Contact the Department of Public Safety.
  • Water Turn Off/On allows you to drain your plumbing before you leave. There is a fee but you do not pay monthly ready to serve charges while gone. Otherwise, if a leak occurs, a lot of damage could occur inside the house before your caretaker discovers the problem. Sign up at city hall.

Comments are closed.